Most Common Camera Issues
My Camera is offline
My camera is not coming online on the CamHipro app
If your camera is not coming online on the app then please have a look at our dedicated troubleshooting page by clicking here.
My camera is not powering up
If your camera is not powering up, then it is worth first checking your power lead for any signs of damage or wear and tear. Then, if you are using a Farmstream extension cable, we only recommend using a maximum of one 10m cable from camera to plug as any further would cause a voltage drop.
If you are using your own solar kit setup instead of mains power, it would be worth connecting the camera directly to the battery first to try and determine if it could be an issue with the Solar Kit setup or the camera/battery connection leads. If the camera works well when connected to a battery but does not when it is connected to your solar kit setup then it is worth checking the input voltage to the camera. The voltage tolerance on the camera is 10-14V and so if the voltage is greater than 14V, then the camera will not power up.
My camera says wrong password
If your camera is showing with a wrong password message then we recommend resetting the camera. To reset the camera, there are several cables coming out the back of the camera and one has a small black button on the end of it. Hold this button down for ~30 seconds and this will force the camera through a factory reset. The black button may be concealed by a black plastic cap and so please pop this off to access the button. The camera login details will now be as follows:
My camera is playing a tune every few minutes
If your camera is playing a tune every few minutes, it is worth factory resetting the camera and ensuring the cap covering the reset button is not too tight. To reset the camera, hold down the small black button on the end of one of the cables coming out the back of the camera for 30 seconds and gently replace the cap covering.
I am struggling to link my WiFi camera to my 4G Camera
If you’re having difficulty linking a WiFi Camera to a 4G Camera, then it is worth first resetting the WiFi Camera. To do this, hold down the small black button on the end of one of the cables coming out of the WiFi Camera for ~30 seconds to perform a factory reset. A small tune should play when this is done. Then the following steps can be followed to connect a WiFi camera to a 4G Camera. Please make sure you are standing close to both the WiFi camera and the 4G Camera and that both cameras have a working power supply.
1. Using your mobile phone, open your phone settings and search for available WiFi networks
2. Select to connect to the network called IPCAM_**** with password 01234567
3. Once connected, stay connected even if it shows no internet connection and open the CamHipro app
4. In the app, tap to ‘add camera’ and then select ‘IP Camera’ and then ‘Device in use’
5. In the next page, select to 'Search nearby devices' and then select the camera UID displayed (normally starts SSAA-) and then click 'add to' at the bottom of the screen
The above steps add the WiFi camera to the CamHipro app. The next steps are for connecting the WiFi camera to the 4G camera.
6. On the CamHipro app, tap the settings cog on the recently added WiFi Camera and then select ‘Wireless settings’
7. Tap to 'Get the wireless networks around the device' and select the network called MIFI_*** (called FARMSTREAM_**** on our newest cameras)
8. Use the password 1234567890 to connect the WiFi Camera to the MIFI network and the WiFi Camera should play a tune when this is complete
Your WiFi camera will now be connected to your 4G Camera and available to view on the CamHipro app, wherever you are.
My camera is showing online but there is no image
If the camera is showing online on the app, but there is no live video feed, tap where it says online and the live feed should load shortly.
My Camera is online
The time on my camera is incorrect
If the time on your camera is showing incorrectly, we would recommend setting the time of your camera using the below method.
1. Open CamHipro app
2. Open settings by tapping settings cog for your camera
3. Scroll towards the bottom and select 'Time setting'
4. Do not select 'Sync with phone time'
5. Select ‘'Device Time Zone' instead
6. Search for 'Europe/Dublin GMT+0:00' and tap to select this
7. Tap 'Done' (top right corner)
8. Toggle 'Daylight Saving Time' to on
9. Tap 'Saving Time Zone For Device'
10. This should offer the option 'Set Device Time Zone will REBOOT device', and tap ‘Yes’ here
11. Device will reboot and new time will be saved
My camera is not recording
If your camera is not recording footage then it is worth checking you have a micro SD card inserted into the camera. Our cameras can accept SD cards from 32GB to 256GB.
If you do have an SD card inserted into the camera, it is worth checking the
time displayed is correct for your camera. If the time displayed is correct,
and the camera is not recording, then it could be either a fault with the SD
card, or a fault with the SD card reader. If you have a spare SD card, we recommend
trying this in the camera and getting in touch using the form below for
I am receiving lots of false triggers from my camera alarm
If you are receiving alerts on your mobile when there doesn’t appear to be anything moving, it is worth checking your alarm settings. To check your camera alarm settings, open the settings cog for your camera in the CamHipro app and select ‘Alarm management and notifications’.
It is worth checking the sensitivity of your camera alarms. For the ‘Motion detection alarm’ it is worth reducing this sensitivity to ~20, although it can be reduced further depending on your setup with some customers having sensitivity set as low as 5. Then, it is also worth ensuring the ‘AI alarm’ sensitivity is set to ~30 and if you are only interested in the camera alarm detecting people, please ensure ‘Alarm trigger’ is set to linkage trigger.
For further information on setting up your camera alarm, please check out our solution guide on Alarm Management and Notifications.
The night vision on my camera has stopped working
If the night vision has stopped working on your 360 Degree Camera then it is worth resetting the night vision using the preset commands. Please go to preset positions and enter the number 81 and then press the call button (transfer button on android devices). Once complete, enter the number 86 and press the call button (transfer button on android devices) and see if this resolves the issue.
If the night vision has stopped working on your Static Camera, we would recommend a factory reset. To reset the camera, hold down the small black button on the end of one of the cables coming out the back of the camera for 30 seconds. Please note the button may be concealed by a black plastic cap and please pop this off to access the reset button.
My Farmstream 360 Camera is struggling to focus
If your camera is struggling to focus and your image quality is very poor, we would recommend resetting the camera's auto-focus. To do this, go to camera preset positions and enter the number 111 and then press the call button (transfer button on android devices). Once complete, enter the number 222 and press the call button (transfer button on android devices). This will reset the auto-focus on the camera although it may take a moment for the camera to recalibrate.
I am struggling to share my camera to a second device
If you are having trouble adding the camera to a second device, the easiest way to do this is using the sharing QR code method as outlined below.
1. Using one of the phones already linked to the camera, open the CamHipro app
2. Tap to bring the camera online and then tap the settings cog
3. Towards the top of settings, on the right and side, there are three small circles connected by two white lines. Tap this icon to access the sharing QR code.
4. On the phones that are not yet connected to the camera, open the CamHipro app
5. Tap to add camera, IP camera, device in use and tap to scan QR code. Then scan the sharing QR code from the other device.
7. Scanning the sharing QR code does not require a password and so you will be able to access the camera and bring it online